Thursday, July 31, 2008

More. Pods.

Went to the studio and put slip on some star/jacks tonight. Just an hour, cross-legged on a table. Relaxing.

Someone (Roy, for my record) encouraged me to install my pods someplace and shoot photos of them. Good idea; wish I had a place. B13 on the mezzanine? Hardly the vanilla box kind of space; I wonder if that would detract.

I'm also considering ways of looking at them. Some have translucent sections, sometimes you can see the color of the flashing through the clay. This takes advantage of the aperture nature. How do I mount the pieces so that becomes the logical way of viewing?

There is the detail, that I put soda into some and it was pretty destructive. But those could be finished as jewels to be mounted, truly.

This notion also plays to one of my favorite architectural themes; distilling an experience.

There's also the question of having a vase or a jar full of them. The same person thought they were jars. After hearing him discuss the ideas behind his work, I can express them as vessels for the intangible.

There's also the notion of having a flat file filled with them, each in its compartment.

Or of a shallow transparent-topped case or box with some inside.

Or having them spread on a floor.

Or in a pile.

No comments: